While it’s not surprising to learn about the health benefits of physical activity and regular exercise, a new study shows it can also reduce the chances of getting serious Covid-19 infections. While the world has returned to work in offices, the virus has not gone away and people have yet to take all necessary precautions to live with the virus. A study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine talks about the link between exercise and the likelihood of contracting the virus.
Incorporating regular physical activity into your weekly routine helps protect yourself from Covid-19, according to the peer-reviewed analysis of 16 global studies covering more than 1.8 million adults. “People who exercised regularly had an 11 percent lower risk of infection and a 44 percent lower risk of serious illness than their physically inactive peers,” the study said.
The researchers said the findings could help policymakers and clinicians develop guidelines to reduce the risk of Covid-19, although they noted that the results differed using studies with different research methods and subjective activity assessments could distinguish and warned that this study only covered the beta and delta variants of the virus, not the Omicron variants that are prevalent today.
Another study published by the National Library of Medicine emphasizes the importance of brisk walking, calling it a moderate-intensity, economic activity that most people can do. It details the types of benefits associated with different types of exercise, recounting, for example, the inverse relationship between cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) and obesity. Exercise helps reduce obesity, which in turn leads to a healthy heart and lungs.
However, the study highlights the preventative nature of exercise and recommends that if symptoms of the disease that has occurred do occur, exercise can be reduced as directed by the doctor.
Also, Get Some More Information About –
- Reasons Why Search Engine Optimization Has Become Popular Jobs
- How to Find Best SEO Digital Marketing Jobs Easly
- The Confiscation Medicine You Really Taking Every Period Month
- How to Cure a Yeast Infection and Prevent It from Coming Back
- Acne On The Buttocks: How To Get Rid Of Folliculitis And Acne On The Buttocks
- The Best Tried And Tested Makeup Organizers
- Top Selling Items on Amazon That Are Really Worth Seeing
- Luxurious Gifts For Women That Are Sure To Make Her Feel Loved On Valentine’s Day
- Inexpensive Halloween costumes that you can easily make yourself
- The Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Men That Are So Good You’ll Want to Keep Them
- The Best Housewarming Gifts On Amazon That Will Make Any Host Happy
- Personalized Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Girl Friend 2023
- The 12 Best DIY Manicure Kits Tested And Reviewed For 2023
- 30 Best Natural Nail Designs To Try For 2023
- The 5 Best Sad Songs Of 2023 (So Far!) For Those Who Want To Have A Good Cry