After two years of limited celebration, preparations for a ten-day auspicious Ganesha festival are in full swing. This festival is celebrated with great pomp and show by people all over India. However, it is mainly celebrated in Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, etc.
People welcome Ganpati Bappa by installing idols of Lord Ganesha in their homes on the first day of the festival. Devotees decorate and worship the elephant-headed god and then say goodbye to him by immersing the idols in water after three, five or ten days. The duration of keeping the idols of Lord Ganesha at home for worship is entirely up to the devotees. There are many stories and beliefs behind the celebration of this holiday. Learn about some of them and the auspicious timing of Ganesh Sthapna and Visarjan here.
Birth Of Lord Ganesha
It is believed that Lord Ganesha was born in Chaturthi Tithi Shukla Paksha in the month of Bhadrapada, which falls on August 31 of this year in the Gregorian calendar.
In the famous story of the birth of Lord Ganesha, which is mentioned in some historical writings, it is said that Goddess Parvati created Lord Ganesha from sandalwood paste, which she used for bathing. She asked him to guard the entrance until she came back from her bath. Fulfilling his duty, Lord Shiva came and tried to meet his wife. When Lord Ganesha refused him to meet Goddess Parvati, Lord Shiva became enraged and separated Lord Ganesha’s head from his body. Seeing this, Goddess Parvati was furious and asked to destroy everything if she did not return her son. Seeing the worsening situation, Lord Shiva asked to bring the head of a baby animal whose mother was looking the other way from her child.
Fulfilling this condition, an elephant’s head was chosen for this task, after which Lord Shiva attached the elephant’s head to the body of Lord Ganesha. Since then, this day has been celebrated as Ganesh Chaturthi.
Ganesha Festival As A Symbol Of Patriotism
The grand celebration of the festival dates back to the time of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. However, the festival was revived by Bal Gangadhar Tilak to bring people together and bridge the gap between castes. He erected the first and oldest mandal, the Kesha Keshavi Naik Chal Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mandal at Girgaum in 1893. To instill a spirit of nationalism, he also started the tradition of setting up an idol of Lord Ganesha during the festival. People believe that he was the first to set up a large clay idol of Lord Ganesh in a public place and started the 10-day business.
Muhurat And Timings
The festival will start at Ganesh Chaturthi, which this time falls on August 31st. However, the tithi of Ganesh Chaturthi falls between August 30th and 31st. Tithi time will start at 15:33 on August 30th and will last until 15:22 the next day. Anant Chaturdashi, which falls on September 9, will mark the end of the festival when the devotees submerge the idol of Ganesha in water.
Shubh Muhurat for Murti Sthapana and and Pooja on August 31
Shubh Yog – 31st August, 2022 – 05:58 AM To 09:00 AM
Shubh Choghadiya – 31st August, 2022 – 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM
Evening Auspicious Time – 31st August, 2022 – 03:30 PM – 06:30 PM
According to the Hindu calendar, one should avoid moon sighting on 30 August from 3:33 pm to 8:40 pm and between 9:29 am to 9:10 pm on 31 August.
Also, Get Some More Information About –
- Reasons Why Search Engine Optimization Has Become Popular Jobs
- How to Find Best SEO Digital Marketing Jobs Easly
- The Confiscation Medicine You Really Taking Every Period Month
- How to Cure a Yeast Infection and Prevent It from Coming Back
- Acne On The Buttocks: How To Get Rid Of Folliculitis And Acne On The Buttocks
- The Best Tried And Tested Makeup Organizers
- Top Selling Items on Amazon That Are Really Worth Seeing
- Luxurious Gifts For Women That Are Sure To Make Her Feel Loved On Valentine’s Day
- Inexpensive Halloween costumes that you can easily make yourself
- The Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Men That Are So Good You’ll Want to Keep Them
- The Best Housewarming Gifts On Amazon That Will Make Any Host Happy
- Personalized Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Girl Friend 2023
- The 12 Best DIY Manicure Kits Tested And Reviewed For 2023
- 30 Best Natural Nail Designs To Try For 2023
- The 5 Best Sad Songs Of 2023 (So Far!) For Those Who Want To Have A Good Cry